This is one of the coolest ideas we’ve heard of in awhile. VR Coasters. With this concoction you aren’t just sitting in an easy chair with some VR Gear strapped on to your head – This is taking an environment and enhancing it with Virtual Reality. Riders wear the Oculus powered Samsung Galaxy Gear VR and take a real roller coaster ride while enjoying a world around the ride designed by Animators.
This has been created in partnership with Samsung Electronics America and features an amazing 360 loop and interactive game play during the ride
Virtual Reality on Ninja Facts:
- Riders wearing Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus headsets, find themselves in the copilot seat of a fighter jet as they take on aliens in a battle to save the world;
- This 360°, fully immersive, virtual battle takes guests flying through 2,430 feet of track at up to 65 mph;
- The fighter jet darts between buildings, completing intense aerial acrobatics while guests travel through the 360°loop and corkscrew of the coaster’s steel track;
- Sensors and proxies along the coaster track sync the movement of the coaster to the video riders are watching on their Samsung Gear VR headsets;
- The experience begins as soon as riders leave the station house and start up the lift hill. While climbing the lift hill or going through the launch pad, guests can shoot at targets with a touch pad on the side of the headsets, making this the first game play ever used on a roller coaster.
For more information visit: www.sixflags.com/stlouis/virtualrealitycoaster.