- In this Weeks Segment from 09/17/2016 – Andy, Slick and Justin talk about the Note 7 and the Recall of the device – (Since this show was recorded the Recall was Official)
The guys talk about the threat of charging devices and why your devices should be monitored when charging. With the thought in mind, the guys share some ideal charging suggestions and why they shouldn’t be plugged in overnight. Why Samsung had to shift marketing focus quickly and why Lenovo is focusing on Skipping the 7s.
- Slick shares what grinds his gears when it comes to batteries in smartphones. Next to using a smartphone as a phone, the guys share what are the most important features for the team.
Andy Taylor talks about the Lenovo MotoMod from Hasselblad, True Zoom which can help turn the smartphone into a feature filled digital camera for the end user. Slick challenges Justin on a comment regarding iTunes Digital Rights Management of music purchased through the iTunes Store.
- Andy Taylor discusses the idea behind The Digital Dark age and why we shouldn’t get rid of our paper, photos, music CD’s, DVD’s. Tivo is bought out by Rovi for 1.1B and changes
its name to Tivo. The new Tivo Bolt with 4k and 3TB of Data storage is talked about. What do you need to make the Tivo Bolt work on your Cable System. How do you find out what to sell your used hardware for? Listener Gilbert asks. What should somebody do with a Hard Drive in their system before they donate or sell it. Dban Dariks Boot and Nuke is noted as a program to make drives unrecoverable.
- App and Website of the Week is a simple tough game from potoandcabenga from Armor Games
This is one of the coolest ideas we’ve heard of in awhile. VR Coasters. With this concoction you aren’t just sitting in an easy chair with some VR Gear strapped on to your head – This is taking an environment and enhancing it with Virtual Reality. Riders wear the Oculus powered Samsung Galaxy Gear VR and take a real roller coaster ride while enjoying a world around the ride designed by Animators.
This has been created in partnership with Samsung Electronics America and features an amazing 360 loop and interactive game play during the ride
Virtual Reality on Ninja Facts:
- Riders wearing Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus headsets, find themselves in the copilot seat of a fighter jet as they take on aliens in a battle to save the world;
- This 360°, fully immersive, virtual battle takes guests flying through 2,430 feet of track at up to 65 mph;
- The fighter jet darts between buildings, completing intense aerial acrobatics while guests travel through the 360°loop and corkscrew of the coaster’s steel track;
- Sensors and proxies along the coaster track sync the movement of the coaster to the video riders are watching on their Samsung Gear VR headsets;
- The experience begins as soon as riders leave the station house and start up the lift hill. While climbing the lift hill or going through the launch pad, guests can shoot at targets with a touch pad on the side of the headsets, making this the first game play ever used on a roller coaster.
For more information visit: www.sixflags.com/stlouis/virtualrealitycoaster.
When you hear the title “Grand Theft Auto” You generally know this is a game that has a history of violence and situations that should only be operated by an adult. The very successful franchise continues to this day and technically it is not just a thrown together schlock fest, it couldn’t be – Gamer’s wouldn’t go for it.
A successful Video Game Franchise will come from the loyalty of the gaming crowd that in turn will expect high end graphics and fluid game play and that is what the good folks at Rockstar Games are handing out. Today the company announced the availability of Grand Theft Auto V for PC at Retail or Digital Download through Steam and Rockstar.
READ MORE AND CHECK OUT THE VIDEO AT TechtalkRadio.Com
I had the chance to talk to some friends from SteelSeries today about some of the products they will be sharing on the show floor when E3 Officially opens tomorrow. The Electronic Entertainment Expo opens its doors to the crowds of industry representatives and the media June 10th and runs through the 13th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
SteelSeries continues to develop accessories for the PC and Console Gamer with everything from Keyboards, Gaming Mice and awesome headsets. One product announced that can help your game play which is different from the traditional products in the company line is the SteelSeries “Sentry” Eye-Tracker
The SteelSeries “Sentry” Eye-Tracker has been developed in conjunction with Tobii Technology. Gamers benefit with this device with a tracking of eye movements and shares that data with the user as bench-marked and compared to the movements of professional gamers. The SteelSeries press release explains it easier:
“The SteelSeries Sentry Eye Tracker brings players an entirely new way to train for competitive gaming, by allowing the player to analyze a wide range of statistics based on where and how long a user focused, or fixated, on the screen. Fixations per Minute (FPM) tracks how often a user moves his or her eye gaze and attention around the screen; low values indicate that the gamer is able to process a lot of information. For comparison, FPM in eye tracking is the same type of correlation as APM or the total numbers of actions per minute a player can perform.” While we could say it’s all in the wrist, obviously from this addition to E3, it’s also in the eyes.
SteelSeries has also continued with its development of products for the mobile gamers and introduced the StratusXL Wireless Game Controller for iOS. Now, users can immerse in the gaming experience on the iPad or iPad Mini and play a game title as they would on the console.
To check out more of these products, take a look at http://www.steelseries.com
Today was the kickoff of the E3 – Electronic Gaming Expo in LA, California. The Entertainment Software Association presents this annual event for the media, vendors and retailers which will benefit from the enormous sales potential from Consoles, PC and Mac hardware upgrades, instructional manuals, accessories and of course the titles themselves.
At the Microsoft Press Event this morning, Xbox Grand Poo Baa Phil Spencer thanked Gamers and Developers for growing the user base of the Xbox One and the staff at Microsoft for its development. Phil reeled in the gaming crowd with his dedication to the community and began with the trailer of what Phil called the largest franchise for the Xbox console, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. This new title takes place in the future of 2054 and will be available for the Xbox One. The Games DLC, Downloadable Content will also be available for the Xbox One as soon as they are ready.
Sledgehammer Games and Activision made sure of letting gamers know, the Call of Duty franchise will continue to develop and introduce new ways to play.