The 2017 Consumer Electronics Show has Opened it’s door in Las Vegas once again…although not to the Public, the show will feature the latest in Consumer Electronics and Concepts. A Friend of the Show, Jim Barry visited via Skype to talk about this years show and what to expect
In this Weeks Show, Andy and Justin talk about Alexa and the New Google Home as personal assistants. Justin installs Ring and tells us why he couldn’t completely love the experience. Battlefield 1 and Civilization are covered as titles for the holiday season.
Slick and Andy talk about Sling TV and how cutting the cord is becoming easier and offering more choices. Also covered are some new options for cord cutters for local programming. Antennas for local programming are discussed and how to easily transfer your VHS Tapes to DVD with the New Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3.
Website of the Week from Slick is Next Door an App that connects your neighborhood.
SUBSCRIBE AT SPREAKER
- In this Weeks Segment from 09/17/2016 – Andy, Slick and Justin talk about the Note 7 and the Recall of the device – (Since this show was recorded the Recall was Official)
The guys talk about the threat of charging devices and why your devices should be monitored when charging. With the thought in mind, the guys share some ideal charging suggestions and why they shouldn’t be plugged in overnight. Why Samsung had to shift marketing focus quickly and why Lenovo is focusing on Skipping the 7s.
- Slick shares what grinds his gears when it comes to batteries in smartphones. Next to using a smartphone as a phone, the guys share what are the most important features for the team.
Andy Taylor talks about the Lenovo MotoMod from Hasselblad, True Zoom which can help turn the smartphone into a feature filled digital camera for the end user. Slick challenges Justin on a comment regarding iTunes Digital Rights Management of music purchased through the iTunes Store.
- Andy Taylor discusses the idea behind The Digital Dark age and why we shouldn’t get rid of our paper, photos, music CD’s, DVD’s. Tivo is bought out by Rovi for 1.1B and changes
its name to Tivo. The new Tivo Bolt with 4k and 3TB of Data storage is talked about. What do you need to make the Tivo Bolt work on your Cable System. How do you find out what to sell your used hardware for? Listener Gilbert asks. What should somebody do with a Hard Drive in their system before they donate or sell it. Dban Dariks Boot and Nuke is noted as a program to make drives unrecoverable.
- App and Website of the Week is a simple tough game from potoandcabenga from Armor Games
This is one of the coolest ideas we’ve heard of in awhile. VR Coasters. With this concoction you aren’t just sitting in an easy chair with some VR Gear strapped on to your head – This is taking an environment and enhancing it with Virtual Reality. Riders wear the Oculus powered Samsung Galaxy Gear VR and take a real roller coaster ride while enjoying a world around the ride designed by Animators.
This has been created in partnership with Samsung Electronics America and features an amazing 360 loop and interactive game play during the ride
Virtual Reality on Ninja Facts:
- Riders wearing Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus headsets, find themselves in the copilot seat of a fighter jet as they take on aliens in a battle to save the world;
- This 360°, fully immersive, virtual battle takes guests flying through 2,430 feet of track at up to 65 mph;
- The fighter jet darts between buildings, completing intense aerial acrobatics while guests travel through the 360°loop and corkscrew of the coaster’s steel track;
- Sensors and proxies along the coaster track sync the movement of the coaster to the video riders are watching on their Samsung Gear VR headsets;
- The experience begins as soon as riders leave the station house and start up the lift hill. While climbing the lift hill or going through the launch pad, guests can shoot at targets with a touch pad on the side of the headsets, making this the first game play ever used on a roller coaster.
For more information visit: www.sixflags.com/stlouis/virtualrealitycoaster.
In this Weeks Show – Justin, Slick and Andy talk about the New Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, Expandable Memory, Better Camera and Faster Processor.
Listener Question from Priscilla about finding the proper laptop for Photo Editing – Why Justin likes the Surface.
A Warning to those with Integrated Tech in Cars and why they should be careful.
Andy is checking out Twitter more often, we find out why Justin doesn’t like that and what #PodernFamily helps discover.
Name that Term is played along with a Website of the Week from the Museum of Science.